Often we miss out on receiving God’s response to our prayers because He doesn’t answer in the way we think He should. We all have our own ideas, expectations and timelines of what we consider acceptable ways for God to respond. Our ideas are likely based upon: 1) how we were raised, 2) the sermons we’ve heard, 3) or how something happened for someone else.
We put God in a box with boundaries, and then structure our faith based upon Him fitting His answer into that box. When it doesn’t happen, our faith melts away and our frustration at God for not answering grows. This scenario causes us to miss God’s blessing.
As an example, we work up an idea in our minds about how God should heal us. We think He’s going to send some famous preacher to lay hands on us or that He’s going to knock us off our feet with a blast of His power. Or we’ll simply wake up one morning healed. When God doesn’t answer our prayer the way we expect, we let our faith drop and foul up what He had actually wanted to do to bring us our answer.
It is true that God CAN answer in all the above mentioned ways. But that will only happen if that’s what He believes is best for you. If it’s not, and He has another way, and it is up to us to remain flexible and trust in God to do what is best, over getting what we want.
When we’re desiring to follow God, the Bible gives us excellent principles to guide us. Let’s read one of those principles in 2 Kings 5;10-11 (AMP): “Elisha sent a messenger to him (Naaman), saying, Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be restored, and you shall be clean. But Naaman was angry….
Naaman had gone to the Prophet Elisha expecting to be healed in a particular way. When it didn’t happen that way, the Bible says, Naaman went away in a rage.
What Elisha told him to do was simple… dip seven times in the Jordan. This was something Naaman could do. But it didn’t fit Naaman’s idea of how his healing should take place. He thought Elisha would heal him by waving his hands around and calling on the Name of the Lord.
So, Naaman stormed away angry. And he would have missed out on his healing completely if one of his servants hadn’t talked him into giving Elisha’s instructions a try. (Knowing God’s method and obeying it, are key to receiving what we have asked for.)
Below is a Recipe for being in position to receive from God.
- Accepting as FACT, the faithfulness of God and the truth of His Word. Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.“
- Letting go of worldly or personal expectations that may not align with God’s will or Word. Let’s look at Isaiah 55:8-9 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.”
- Establishing trust in God’s desire to answer your prayer request–by finding God’s promises in His Word that align His will with our need. For example, is it God’s will to heal? His Word says, “YES!” “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.“ (Also, Psalm 103:1-5 and many more).
- Putting God first… not as the “fall back position” if our first choice doesn’t pan out. Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Too often we don’t want to humble ourselves, repent and submit to God as a first step (seek His righteousness). We want to try to handle it our way first and if that doesn’t work, then ask God to help us out. If we want God to fix something, but we don’t want to change anything in our life first, we will likely have our prayer go unanswered.
- Withstand the testing of our faith. God allows the enemy to test us to determine if our faith is true faith and that we will mature through withstanding the testing of it. James 1:3-4 “knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” Is our trust in God based upon the result? Or upon God’s Word, and Him as faithful? Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.”
- Things like sickness, pain, lack, depression, loss, tormenting spirits, etc. are ways the enemy tests God’s people. Although God allows it, He does not intend it for our destruction and gives us a way through (I Cor. 10:13). Just as Joseph spoke to his brothers in Genesis 50:20 “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.” God allows us to face evil, but intends to turn it to good for us who believe and trust in Him.
Satan is crafty. There is NO truth in him and he is a liar. This world is currently fallen and Satan’s kingdom. So, we must always challenge what the world’s answer is and seek God for His answer. Matthew 24:35 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”
What is it you’re going through? What are you wanting God to do for you? Are you struggling with a relationship? Your health? Finances? Is your business or career in jeopardy of failing? Whatever your need is, agree with God and do it His way.
Remember that you are a 3-part person. You are a spirit, you have a soul, and you live in a body, so consider all three parts of you as you face any obstacle. Start by putting your Spirit in agreement with God and His Word. Plant your faith in God and His Ways. Use your soul (mind, will and emotions) to always speak in agreement with God’s Word and make choices that line up with His will. Do your part to bring your body back into agreement with God’s design.
Here at Dale Black Ministries, we provide many free downloads for your edification. If you need Healing Scriptures or something else, check in the resources of Free Downloads by clicking the following link: Free Downloads.
Don’t let your own ideas of how God’s going to do something, rob you of your healing or your deliverance or your blessing. Let Him lead you to the truth you need for your particular situation. Learn His ways. He wants to work mightily in and through your life. James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;“
Thank you partners and donors… for together we are reaching people all over the globe with the gospel of Jesus. May God bless you back multiplied over.
So what is it you need God to do for you today? Identify precisely what you need and then ask Him for it gratefully and with thanksgiving. Next, do what He tells you to do. Stay in His word and prayer often to request His guidance. Remember to do it His way. He is faithful to answer those who ask in faith.
With God All things are possible!
JOIN THE FAITHFUL REMNANT:
If you are ready to be part of the Faithful Remnant during these chaotic days, join with other faithful followers of Jesus who have pledged not to compromise. Go to DaleBlack.org and give any amount at the GIVING page toward Faithful Remnant Church-tithes and offerings. Any amount will automatically enroll you and keep you up to date with videos and newsletter specifically for the FAITHFUL REMNANT Church. God has quickened our hearts to minister to His faithful church and prepare His people to understand and face the days ahead.
BREAKING: 911 System In Jeopardy As First Responders Reject Jab
The American Ambulance Association (AAA) warned House and Senate leaders the “nation’s EMS system is facing a crippling workforce shortage, a long-term problem that has been building for more than a decade. It threatens to undermine our emergency 9-1-1 infrastructure and deserves urgent attention by Congress.”
“The magnitude has really blown up over the last few months,” AAA President Shawn Baird told NBC News.
Lord help us! PRAY!
PRAYER CHAIN: You are invited to become part of the solution: Join Operation Humble Heart to pray and intercede with other believers every Monday.
PS. Share the good news…forward this newsletter to a friend!
View More Messages From Heaven Blogs:
DOT W Ranch: Help take DBM and EIC Off-Grid now. Learn how you can help and possibly someday join other like-minded believers of the faithful church at DOT W Ranch.
Help reach the October 2021 Titles & Offerings Goal of $12k for Eagle Int’l Online Church to continue “Messages From Heaven” video teaching and continue DBM outreach with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
OCTOBER GOAL: $12,000
REC’D To Date: $4,475
Would you like to partner with Dale & Paula? You can be part of sharing the gospel of Jesus to save, heal and deliver worldwide. You can help support building up believers in their faith.
Learn the benefits of DBM Partnership
If you’d like to help support the Faithful Remnant Church (aka Eagle International Church), click the DONATE button to give your tithes and offerings today. We believe God will multiply back to you His blessings.
What Others Are Saying:
“Thank you for your consistent teachings of the truth of God’s word. Whether it be warnings from the Lord or instruction. It’s given in love. You’re always very encouraging. God bless you brother.” Ruth – U.K.
“Thanks for your love n fidelity…amen.” Larry
“Thank you Dale for your messages that are astute and extremely relevant to the world we have today. Your messages are from the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Keep up the good work.” Jacques – OK
“Thanks for sticking to the Word of God, Dale. Thanks for insights offered in this video. “No fanfare” sounds right. So many of God’s planned events fly under the radar, e.g., the birth of Christ in a humble manger. The wise men knew what was going on, but few others.” Chet – AZ
“Thank you Captain Dale for your words of encouragement in this letter. We really appreciate your sense of wakefulness to this current hour. I believe this is exactly what Jesus meant when He said “Watch and Pray” Eric B – Canada
To make a donation or place an order by phone, call: 951-526-2101 and leave a message. Someone from our volunteer staff will call you back. Thank you very much, and may God’s blessings be upon you and your family.