Help is Needed for the Administrative Assistant Position (Updated August 1, 2018)
This person works in a new professional office suite near the Carlsbad Airport in southern California. Pay range is from $15 – $20 per hour depending upon qualifications. The following includes the job description for the position which starts August 2018. This position is PART-TIME and could become FULL-TIME. Apply by sending resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintaining and regularly updating the records of Partners, Donors and Subscribers.
- Maintaining the ministry mailing list and email list
- Maintaining an accurate list of the various ministry groups – Partners, Project Donors, Tree of Life Plaques, Movie Projects and lead/key contact people for ministry areas within the ministry.
- Keep a binder that includes copies of all Ministry Meeting minutes.
- Financial Operations:
- Keep records of donations, prepare basic annual Giving Statements.
- Maintain and oversee timely completion of daily financial entrees into Quickbooks. Previous bookkeeping experience is a plus but not mandatory. (Training is available).
- Office Operations:
- Efficiently and effectively operate the various computer programs utilized in connection with each job responsibility (i.e. MS Office, YouTube Video updates, Paint Shop Pro, WordPress. (Training is available).
- Assisting the staff and council with clerical and secretarial tasks, as requested.
- Maintaining inventory, ordering and mailing books, CD and DVD’s, as needed.
- Recruit, oversee and participate in telephone activities. Serve as receptionist for the ministry and all staff.
- Ordering supplies for all copy machines and printers, as well as overseeing copying procedures.
- Maintaining office files, ordering and purchasing office supplies, postage, etc. as needed and permitted by the ministry budget.
- Maintaining the Master Calendar of events and meetings, and oversee room reservations.
- Prepare various handouts and certificates (Partners, Project Donors, New Donors, etc.).
- Maintain and update the ministry website – video teachings and events calendar, insuring accurate information is consistently available. All content to be approved by the Senior/LEAD Pastor. (Familiarity with WordPress website is a plus.)
- Maintain, design and post to all social media platforms weekly.
- Handle phone appointments and other responsibilities as needed or requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Staff Meetings:
- Attend and participate in all support staff meetings as directed by the Senior/Lead Pastor.
- Be supportive of the pastors and the ministry programs. Maintaining a positive attitude.
- Know which matters are of a sensitive nature and keeping them confidential, using caution and discretion.
The preceding is meant to be descriptive and explanatory, but is not intended to be restrictive or limiting.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
– High School Graduate minimum, but college degree preferred.
– Must possess organizational and administrative abilities.
– Must be proficient on PC with Windows 10. Some graphic design and social media skills are a plus.
– Must have basic data entry and basic financial skills.
– Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
– Must have solid verbal, written, conflict management and computer skills (MS Office, etc).
This position is PART-TIME and could become FULL-TIME. Apply by sending resume to: email@example.com